Monday, October 15, 2012

Henna and Henna

I know I haven't posted in a long time, but I had a friend who wanted to see my henna. The first is of course my hair with henna. This was the first time I dyed my hair with henna, sometime in February 2012, but it looks about the same each time. Well, actually, the color is a lot more vibrant now that I put henna on top of henna, but still about the same. It takes henna a couple of days to settle in the hair, and then it calms down, color wise. This is my hair right after dyeing it, but it settles to a nice auburn color on me.

***Bonuses to henna -  all natural, conditions the hair instead of stripping it, and while most people hate the smell, I think it smells like warm green tea. It also permanently dyes the hair folicles, unlike chemical dyes that strip and replace pigment within the hair, which means it doesn't fade the same way that chemical dyes do. It fade naturally, like your own hair would with sun exposure and time.


This second photo was my first attempt at henna on myself. I doodled this on my thigh. Not the best, but I'm working on getting better at henna on skin. I need to refine my lines, and I think I know how now. This was a few months ago.


Please excuse the horrible image qualities. I have a tiny little point and click and there wasn't any good lighting on both of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment