Monday, October 10, 2011

What the Hell, an Introduction

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I always say I am done blogging, then I start another blog. I switch from LJ to BlogSpot and there and back again 20 times in 1 year. Hopefully, at some point in my life I will find myself happily situated in one homey and all-around great blog, or non-blog location. Until then, here is my new, newer, newest blog for the month of October and beyond. (ahem...please dear friends do not eat me for my flighty indecisions).

Some of you will recall I wanted to be a teacher, we know how that worked out, and so I took myself off the internet, or behind passworded doors. Nowadays, I find no need to hide my identity. Do I need to traipse around the internet slandering my place of work, no, but I am also not held to a teacher's code of ethics, which are ridiculous to begin with. They just need to tell teachers never to use the internet, wear moo-moos made of denim, and call it good. Not that most teachers have free time or the luxury of wasting it on shopping.

In either case, the new blog is currently titled Minervan Soliloquy. What is Minervan Soliloquy? Why such an outrageous and seemingly unintelligible title? First, I am seemingly unintelligible most days. Second, and the real reasons begin here, Minerva was the Roman goddess of  poetry, medicine, wisdom, commerce, weaving, crafts, and magic...thank you Wikipedia for this lovely and concise list. She is better known by her Greek name, Athena. Not only was I am Ancient History major, and I have to represent somehow, but I also want my blog to not just be daily rantings about what I am doing, that will not fit in the Facebook word count, but about things I find that my friends might enjoy, especially in the realm of crafts, medicine, magic, etc. Third, if I must explain what a soliloquy is, please exit stage right, and do not return until you have looked it up via Google or Wikipedia. It's there, I promise. If for some reason you don't find it there, dig up Shakespeare, or stop your local poet on the street. They'll be more than happy to help you, and may even demonstrate the term. 

No comments:

Post a Comment